While serving on a medical team in January 2007, in Garissa, Kenya, God spoke to Dr. Scott Jackson. He was in awe of how God used the vehicle of medicine to show the love of Jesus to a Muslim tribe. The tribal chief had said that he saw “Christ in your people”. Dr. Jackson was impressed to begin a more intentional program to help organize, teach and act as a resource to those interested in serving on both short and long-term medical teams.
The vision of DOVE Medical Missions is proclaiming Christ to the nations through medical care. Our mission will be reached by:
- Sending medical and other personnel to the nations, both short-term and long-term
- Facilitating and sending medical teams and supporting ministry teams
- Resourcing DOVE churches into medical and service ministry, encouraging cooperation with DOVE ministries, churches and church plants
- Establishing ongoing, long-term medical ministry where needed
- Training and educating local medical personnel
In recent years we have served in Peru, Kenya, Uganda, Iraq and Haiti. See news from a medical mission here.
Are you interested in details about teams or projects? We would love to hear from you. Email or call the DMI Office.