April to September 2023 OR August 2023 to January 2024
Application is due three months before departure. For example, if you want to start your internship in April 2023, apply by January 31.
Interns will be expected to read one pre-selected book each month and write a related paper. Several study hours will be built into your weekly schedule.
Interns will work with House of Praise, a DOVE church in Cape Town. Responsibilities will include some of the following according to your gifts:
- Tutoring boys after school, probably two hours each weekday. This would be assisting with studies and homework, etc.
- Assisting with leadership of Chain Breakers Cycle Club, including participating in cycle trips
- Maintaining and helping teach boys to maintain cycles
- Generally assisting at House of Praise according to gifts (e.g., worship leading, youth group, or children’s ministry)
- Doing social and active activities with youth, such as hiking and playing soccer
- Must be 18+ with a personal recommendation from your pastor
- Strength and resilience to work with youth in a professional setting
Live in the Woodstock area in a small apartment or bedsit.
Startup cost: $2,000 (includes round-trip flight, medical insurance for six months, and study materials)
Monthly cost: $1,350 (includes rent, food, personal costs, and administrative costs)