Thoughts on fear stirred by Nik Ripken’s Book, The Insanity of Obedience.
Fear is the biggest door you will ever give the devil. Through that door he will be able to have access into your life and through that door of access he will be able to:
- Paralyze you and keep you from action.
- Keep God’s plans from becoming reality.
- Keep you in defense mode trying to ward off the devil’s advances.
- Cause you to consistently re-think decisions.
- Make it almost impossible to launch out into the new frontier God has for you.
- Opens the door to a host of other emotional and physical negatives in your life.
On the other hand, conquering your fear is the greatest threat to the enemy and is a window, not only into the devil’s plan but also into all that the Lord has for you. Through that conquering fear window you will be able to:
- Be aware of the enemies strategies meant to hold you in check.
- Place you on the offensive and the devil on the defensive.
- Overcome obstacles that cause the fearful to stumble.
- Opens up windows of opportunities unavailable to the fearful.
- Gives you a window into all that the Lord has for you.
- Opens up a host of other emotional and physical positives in your life.
So is your fear a door or a window. It all depends on whether you are able to conquer it or be under its control! Much more effective to be a window! The view is a whole lot better.