As I said last week, mistakes and failures are time sensitive. Once you have learned something, they become a learning experience. Here are the other 15 things I learned in life that I promised to give you. Keep in mind this is not an exhaustive list.
I have learned to;
- Not to get too excited over life’s interruptions – If my insurance company, the police, or the medical system are not involved, it is not that bad. It is just an inconvenience.
- God always has a way through. It might not be easy, it might not be fun, but He will get me through.
- Never forget in the dark the things that you learned in the light.
- Not to be shocked by anything.
- The impossible is not as impossible as I think it is.
- God cares as much about the process as He does about the results, and sometimes the process is more important.
- It is all about relationships. They are key to every aspect of life.
- In any break in relationship, God wants me to deal with the thing that I did wrong, even if it is only a small thing.
- If I am struggling in a relationship, the best thing I can do is press into it, not pull away.
- For a team to function properly, everyone needs to be contributing what they are sensing.
- We do much more out of insecurity than we would be willing to admit. Admitting my insecurity is the most secure thing that I can do.
- My time with the Lord in the morning is the most important time of the day.
- Forgive, Forgive, Forgive, and do it quickly.
- It is better to make it easy for others to speak into my life than make them have to work up the courage to do so. Ask others to give you one positive aspect about yourself and then two areas you can improve.
- Don’t forget your family. I want to see tons of people get to heaven, but I want to spend eternity with my children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren too.
Well, there you have them. Hopefully you can learn from these here so that you won’t have to make the same mistakes that I did in order to learn them.